Saturday, September 15, 2007

Grad Life at Urbana - Part 2

I finally passed my qualifiers. The MatSci dept at U of I has a system where we have to pass oral exams in 2 chosen subjects before the completion of the second year of graduate study. After a frantic last minute effort and lots of luck, I managed to clear the exams in Electronic Materials and Solid State Physics. I am glad they are out of the way now.
Thus it begins. Take two of my grad life. With lesser courses, more time for myself and an increased salary. My old problem on vortex physics hasn't been making much headway, thanks to my laziness and my advisor has promptly withdrawn the project from my desk. I will be working on symmetry breaking in unconventional superconductors for the next few months. I have no clue how its going to turn out, since we don't have much experience in superconductivity. But p-wave superconductivity is very hot thesedays and we think we can make some cool measurements with our new He3 monster. I am taking only one course and am a TA this sem. I think I'll enjoy the relaxed life that awaits me. Lets see.
I am ready.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home